Thursday, December 20, 2012

Playing Catch Up

Well, well, well...
Lindsay dropped the ball on being
on top of her A-Game when it came to blogging...
What a surprise. 
I am making a New Year's Resolution to blog AT LEAST once a month. 
If I'm really great, I'll do it once a week...  We'll see. 

What has gone on since July?  Well, a lot.  A lot a lot! 




I got a  p r e c i o u s  new nephew :: 
Cohen Preston Perkes 
Born September 27, 2012 
7 pounds 12 ounces
I could hold this baby non-stop. 
He is the sweetest, happiest baby you could ever meet.
Having to live an hour away from this babe is torture.


6 months has never gone by faster!  ::
Daren and I celebrated 6 short months of our
h a p p i l y   e v e r   a f t e r
together in November.
I walked downstairs on Friday, November 16th
to that adorable note hanging across the entryway to the kitchen.
He surprised me with a weekend getaway to  P A R K   C I T Y.
We stayed in the Newport Resort and felt like a million bucks.
Our room had a jacuzzi tub,
a fireplace at the foot of our bed,
a full blown beautiful kitchen,
and our own balcony, complete with our own private hot tub.
It was absolutely perfect.
Thanks to an amazing man for the huge surprise!
...It's the  l i t t l e   t h i n g s.


My brother got his Mission Call ::
He will serve as a missionary of
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
in the Chile Santiago West Mission.
 He is excited to report to the MTC on
March 13, 2013.
As a sister, I could not be more proud. 
This boy started on his papers just  m o m e n t s
after the Church announced missionaries
could serve at the age of 18,
and one short month later, he received his call.
S-T-U-D.


I've been teaching school for 4 months already! ::
Wow.  These children are my life. 
l o v e  every last one of them like my own.
With the events that happened just a short week ago at
Sandy Hook Elementary in Conneticut,
I am competely grateful for the chance to see every one
of these beautiful faces every day.
I do not know what I would do without their
s w e e t  souls in my life.   


Daren and I are about to spend our  f i r s t  Christmas together as a married couple :: 
How exciting!  This is a picture of our  t r e e..
I absolutely love it.  And it looks even better with all of our
presents underneath it!  I have always loved Christmas,
but it is  s o o o  much better when you're married. 
I bet it'll be even better when we have kiddos... But that'll be a while!


Life is a lot of fun right now, to say the least! 


Although this is my blog for Daren and I, I've also decided to incorporate things that I do in my classroom, as a teacher.  I use Instagram and Facebook to share my fun Kindergarten life with those close to me, but I think that keeping a blog about it is a
little more personal and a little more important. 
So throughout my posts about our lives,
you may see an occasional teacher post... 
Just love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment