Thursday, December 20, 2012

Holidays as a Teacher

Celebrating holidays as a teacher, (especially a Kindergarten teacher),
makes the celebrating 10x better!

Halloween:
For Halloween, we painted our  v e r y  o w n  pumpkins! 
A little messy, yes, but 100% worth it!


I'm totally against handing a student a piece of candy and
"calling it good" when it comes to holidays.
For Halloween, I made my kiddos their
own individual  s ' m o r e  packet. 
Throw a 'mallow, 2 grahams, and a fun size Hershey's bar
into a cellophane bag.
Tie a bow with my favorite gift-wrapping essential, twine,
attach a clever little note, and you're good to go!
Let's be real, though...  This is  w a y  better than the alternative.


Christmas:
 
Christmas in Mrs. Yates' Kindergarten Class
wouldn't be Christmas without Cocoa.

Meet Cocoa ::  Our Classroom Elf on the Shelf.
What a fun little addition he has been this December.
He has been up to a lot in our classroom!
From bringing us our own Christmas tree,
to surprising us with doughnuts (complete with his own elf doughnuts),
to magically changing our candy-cane kisses into candy-canes,
he has overjoyed us day in and day out.
The kids always come curious to see what he is up to next!
Tomorrow is our last day of school before Christmas Break
and he is supposed to surprise us with our  B I G  Christmas Present!!
We are so excited to see what he brings...  Stay tuned!!


 Christmas is here!  You know what that means ::  Gifts for my kinders!!
What is something I could do that would be fun for the kids,
but different from the boring go-to piece of candy routine? 
This is what I came up with... Hope you like it as much as I do!


This is just a little something I got for a few of my coworkers...
[ oven mitts, chocolate, soaps, wooden spoons, stamps, cookie cutters ]
Practical, yes, but still cute and fun. 
Bottom line :: Giving is SO much better than receiving.


And last, but certainly not least, I want to leave you with a wish of
"Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!"
from myself and my crazy cute kinders...


[  X O X O  ]

No comments:

Post a Comment