Saturday, July 14, 2012

Lindsay's LUCKY Friday the 13th

So the old wise tale is that Friday the 13th is always unlucky.  Well, guess what?  Forget that!  Forget that in Ancient Rome, Friday was execution day and in Britain, Friday was customarily Hanging Day.  Forget the association with the number 13 and the superstition it carries in order to make it where cities don't have a 13th Street or Avenue, highways often do not have a 13th exit, airports do not have a 13th gate, and hotels and buildings don't have floors or rooms numbered 13… Have you ever noticed those things?  How about combining the two together to make the dreadful 
Friday the 13th?  Yah, well forget those superstitions... Ya know why?


Because for this girl, Friday, July 13th, 2012 was anything BUT unlucky.  
That's right.  I had an extremely 
LUCKY day yesterday!  Why?  
I was hired for my dream position!!

I, Lindsay Yates, 
will be teaching Kindergarten 
for the 2012-2013 school year 
at Sunset Elementary!

GAHH!  I am so excited!!  Ever since I was blessed to be in Miss Renee's Kindergarten class during my Level III placement, I have known that kindergarten is where I belong as a teacher.  There is something about those sweet, innocent, children coming into a classroom and learning all of the initial, but essential, steps to being successful in life.  There is nothing more rewarding as a teacher to watch your students come into your classroom and go from simply learning to recognize numbers and letters, to applying that knowledge to be able to add equations and read actual words.  I am feeling so unbelievably blessed right now and cannot wait to meet my kinders!  


[Here I am, glowing and gleaming 
in front of my new school!]


Wanna know what else is lucky?  
Last night, on our hott date, I found 2 new pairs of teaching pants for only $10 each, and an adorable Volcom leopard print maxi skirt for a whopping $6.49!  Totaling at a big $28?  Um yah, you know I'll take 'em!

1 comment:

  1. This is so great Linds!!! Love the pic in front of the school!!! I think Daren was born on Friday the 13th! ;)

    ReplyDelete